To apply for a CoronaVirus Test, please visit www.nhs.uk/ask-for-a-coronavirus-test.
Patients who have planned operations are asked to self-isolate for two weeks prior to the surgery. Please do not ask your GP or the hospital to provide a sick note – if you require a sick note to cover absence from work, you can obtain this by following this link: 111.nhs.uk/isolation-note
To participate in the clinical trial by donating blood plasma, you can sign up for this through the NHS Blood and Transplant site at www.nhsbt.nhs.uk/how-you-can-help/convalescent-plasma-clinical-trial. If you have had a positive test result for Covid-19, or have had symptoms, you may be able to help.
- Free Online Courses to Support Your Wellbeing
- Parent Information leaflet – where and how to seek help when your child is unwell.
- Red Cross Support Services – for Bedford Borough Residents.
- This link will take you to the self-isolation and symptom treatment approach www.nhs.uk/self-isolation-and-treatment
- For patients needing help while self-isolating please contact Bedford Borough Council.
- The following link contains information on local support, but also a wide range of links to activities and resources – www.yourwellbeingbedfordshire.org.uk/self-isolating-need-something-to-do/.
- To access resources on mental health and wellbeing during this period of crisis, please go to www.gov.uk/covid-19-guidance-for-the-public-on-mental-health-and-wellbeing.
- Luton & Bedfordshire Mental Health Crisis Support – To access mental health support in the event of a crisis, contact 111 option 2.
- A guide for parents on which service to contact during Covid-19.
- Useful videos by the Association of Palliative Medicine on Care Planning; hoping for the best and preparing for the worst: apmonline.org/news-events/covid-19-resources-for-the-public/.
- If you have a musculoskeletal issue, please click here for further information.
- Never Alone – Helplines
- Q&A from Cancer Charities – update 18th May 2020
If you wish to complete your Advance Care Plan for Covid-19, guidance notes and a template are available here.
Please note that this is not a Do Not Resuscitate order, and you will need to speak with your GP should you want further information on this