Patient Participation/Reference Group
The government has encouraged such patient groups to be set up at every surgery across the country. They are designed to be a helpful route for patients to advise their surgeries on what matters most to them and to identify solutions to problems that may arise.
We would like you all to become involved in the PPG and for further information regarding the PPG, or if you wish to be involved in a more ‘hands on’ way please fill in or PPG Registration form.
The Aims and Objectives of the PPG are:
- To promote co-operation between the practice and the patients to the benefit of both.
- To increase patient involvement in the development of practice policies where applicable.
- To assist the practice where appropriate in obtaining patient views, providing feedback on patients’ needs, concerns, and interests.
- To assist the practice in promoting good health by encouraging and supporting health promotion events in partnership with the practice.
- To liaise with other health providers and services, and support the practice in its dealings with other bodies.
- To provide occasional conciliation for patient complaints where appropriate.
Name of the Group
The group shall be called The Patient Participation Group (PPG) of Sharnbrook Surgery. This group is affiliated to the National Association for Patient Participation (NAPP).
Organisation of the Group
- The PPG’s activities will be organised by an advisory committee of up to 6 volunteers who will be patients registered with the practice. Additional members can be co-opted from time to time as required.
- The committee will as a minimum elect a chair and secretary. Elections shall take place annually at the AGM.
- The committee will endeavour to meet at least 4/6 times a year.
- The quorum of the Committee shall be 4 members.
- The Practice Manager (or his/her representative) and a Partner will be invited and encouraged to attend the meetings of the PPG Committee whenever possible.
- The committee will liaise with a “Virtual PRG (Patient Reference Group)” to enable a broader representation of patient views to be obtained.
- Minutes shall be kept of all meetings of the committee and will be made available at the surgery or on the practice website.
If you would like to join our PPG, please fill in our online PPG registration form.